- Project engineer
- Mechanisch ontwerp
- Mechanisch ontwerp machinebouw
- Industrial Design
Who we are
Together we work on challenging projects for leading clients and offer expertise in concept development, engineering, prototyping, testing and project management.
Verhaert On-site Consulting is part of the Verhaert Group Masters in Innovation.
You will join a dynamic team of designers, project engineers, test engineers and technical experts who are working together on the new product development projects.
As a project engineer, you will follow up the entire project from prototype to series production according to the new product development process. You work out the complete product together with the designer, follow-up with the test engineers based on the project test plan, closely coordinate with colleagues from other departments (marketing, production, purchasing, aftermarket) & internal/external suppliers to bring the project to successful completion. You will also be independently handling smaller or sub-projects based on needs of the team. You do all this in an international environment.
- Investigate the project feasibility in all aspects
- Define the correct technical concept in line with the specifications and requirements described in the marketing- & masterspecification
- Perform design calculations according to the best engineering practices and applicable standards
- Coordinating and following up design-related tasks with the designer and our Indian design center.
- Optimizing the cost and design of components in consultation with the suppliers (co-design)
- Making the necessary functional specifications for the different components
- Monitoring prototype ordering, construction and processing feedback
- Setting up test programs in collaboration with technical experts, test engineers. Supervising the testing of prototypes,interpreting test results and processing feedback.
- Independently working out and following up the assigned (sub)projects belonging to the product development project.
- Reaching an acceptable baseline timing, productcost & budget with all stakeholders, and steering the execution of the project to achieve those baselines.
- Identify, monitor and manage project risks throughout the project duration.
- Work together with your team and the Design Reviewer to finalize the product with excellent quality.
- Checking technical specifications and preparing Design Notifications for release.
- Product follow-up after start of series production (1y).
- Reporting progress to management.
- You have a Master of Engineering or Master in Industrial Sciences.
- You have strong analytical skills
- You are focused on getting results, assertively steering the project team into achieving the targets
- You can work independently and efficiently manage the project timing
- You are strong in mechanical design.
- You are creative in coming up with technical designs and solutions.
- You take initiative and act decisively and are self-motivated.
- You are strong in communication and you build networks easily.
- You are a real team player.
- Fluent in English.
This vacancy requires a valid Belgian working permit