Who we are
Verhaert On-site Consulting is a Belgian consulting firm founded in 2006. The organization provides solutions for companies and organizations in various sectors, including aerospace, medical devices, automotive and consumer electronics.
Together we work on challenging projects for leading clients and offer expertise in concept development, engineering, prototyping, testing and project management.
Verhaert On-site Consulting is part of the Verhaert Group Masters in Innovation.
The Sr. System Engineer challenge in a few words:
In the role of System Engineer, you are responsible for managing the process to devise a multidisciplinary system architecture of high-quality mechanical and mechatronic modules and systems. In addition you collaborate with sales to define the value proposition and sales strategy for the offering (range 500K-2M).
Your contribution in this role:
- You take the ownership of the process of devising multidisciplinary system architectures of high-quality mechatronic modules and systems to provide customized automated test systems for international customers in different industries
- You think along from the very first customer contact, explore the requirements, manage the solution crafting process and build the proposal
- You follow up until the machine is assembled and delivered to the satisfaction of our customer
- You have 'business sense', which enables you to offer our customers the optimal solution. In short, you know how to bind the people, both inside and outside the organization
- After being the lead in the creative technical process you create and manage the sales proposal for the customer supported by our sales support staff
- Experienced: You are highly experienced, multidisciplinary thinker with a master in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering or similar background, combined with at least 10 years of relevant work experience as System Designer
- Skilled: You have knowledge of discipline-specific tools, the systems for system architecture, as well as knowledge about product development in the field of motion systems.
- PowerPoint skills – You know how to visualize ideas and translate thoughts in diagrams, flowcharts,...
- Polyglot: You are fluent (written & oral) in English and Dutch
This assignment requires a valid working permit.
- Ownership: You take initiative, take responsibility and are not afraid to take decisions
- Networking: You build and maintain a network of relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Communication: You are communicative and commercially strong in customer relations and building an internal network
- Technical leadership: You set direction together with the technical team
- Abstract thinker: You are a creative out of the box thinker to come up with innovative technical solutions
- Helicopter view: You delegate easily and keep the overall overview
- Team player: You have a positive mindset and motivate your team members