Technology Portfolio Manager
Who are we
Verhaert New Products & Services is a famous product development company. We develop innovative products and systems with a large added value for our customers. Thanks to our many years’ experience we are able to guide and support other companies in their strategic and innovation approach.
Our employees are all driven, multidisciplinary high-tech professionals who can develop themselves to the fullest in very various projects for companies in various sectors, such as consumer goods, healthcare, industry, internet of things,..
We are looking for technology portfolio manager.
As Technology Portfolio Manager you will managing the space technology portfolio in Belgium (a.o. ESA).
You will be for working for a big variety of customers and projects.
- Manage our technology transfer projects by connecting technology to business opportunities;
- Build and growth our European network to identify potential technology transfer leads, build partnerships and initiate new projects;
- Communicate, explain, mediate. Bring partners around the table to explore a common ground for a win-win open innovation deal;
- Analyse, lead workshops and provide written reports to document, communicate and disseminate results.
A list of tasks that will be part of your job:
- You execute feasibility studies, scout for new applications and promote space technology and knowhow.
- In parallel you develop R&D approaches and business cases, together with Verhaert product & business development experts.
- You explore the user behaviour, competition, working of value chains and market analyses are part of your challenges.
- You explore and developbusiness model concepts, possible go-to-market concepts and renewing earning models are part of the customer projects.
- You are a facilitator throughout the project and lead workshops with cross functional customer teams and guide them to pragmatic results in the field of innovation management, using our unique methodologies.
- You bring out the customers’ product and strategic needs and demands.
- You steer the entire trajectory: content, timing and budget and provide accurate reporting.
- You become the trusted partner of our customers who helps them develop new business opportunities and revenue streams from their specific knowhow and expertise.
- You have a Master in Engineering with business competences or a Masters degree Applied Economics, commercial or business sciences degree (master (applied) economics, commercial engineer, ...).
- You have a broad technological baggage combined with a business economics affinity or vice versa.
- You have a minimal of 4 years professional experience.
- You have experience in product and/or innovation management where your market knowledge and insights go hand in hand with technological baggage.
- You have experience in a development and technological environment is highly recommended.
- You have proved consultancy skills: analytical, synthesizing and problem solving abilities.
- You are communicative and open, have a positive charisma and commercial flair.
- You can take initiative, are self-assured, motivated, inquisitive and ready to listen.
- You work structured and thematic in a methodological manner and strongly maintain the helicopter vision.
- You are accurate and your administration, reporting, communication and presentation skills exceed the average.
- Speaking and writing fluently in English is a must, Dutch and French are an absolute asset (almost-must).
• You will be working in multidisciplinary teams for very different companies in many different domains.
• You help building up the success of a result minded (often technological) environment and get the chance to fully expand your talents.
• You enter into a world of innovation and help building the future of many companies.
• You will be coached and guided in our world of innovation, helping you to become a trusted advisor for your customer and its business.
• You can count on our expertise to help you improve your people skills as well as on your technology transfer process capabilities.
• But most of all heaps of work, exciting customers, big challenges and fantastic colleagues will ensure real job satisfaction and lots of fun.