- Innovation management
Open Innovation Consultant
Who we are
Verhaert is a pioneering group of product innovation companies. Our roots go back to 1969.
Since than we’ve created more than 1.000 new products. We believe innovation is one of the few instruments to create sustainable value add and with a better world for all of us.
Our employees are multidisciplinary high-tech professionals who enjoy having large diversity of assignments both for companies in various sectors, such as consumer goods, healthcare, industry, internet of things, ... and for leading governmental agencies.
Thanks to our many years’ experience we can guide and support other companies and governments in bringing strategic innovation initiatives alive.
Open Innovation Consultant: Job Description
- You will guide technologies from space and other high-tech sectors from donor companies towards new fields of application.
- You will guide leading European governmental agencies and companies in setting up open innovation programs with impact concentric trend sensitive technological domains, e.g. geospatial, IoT, robotics, etc.
- You will identify relevant technology properties in collaboration with our technology experts and connect them with compelling applications, and feature propositions.
- You will set up, participate and guide high-tech start-up acceleration and incubation programs, hence making open innovation work in practice.
- You will think on how to reinvent open innovation processes, methods or tools and provide adequate policy advice to create impactful open innovation factories of the future for our clients.
In the position of Open Innovation Consultant you can develop a visionary and pragmatic mind-set.
Curious about the many challenges to get your teeth in? Here is a random list of tasks and responsibilities for a big variety of customers and projects.
- As an Open Innovation Consultant you manage our technology transfer activities creating compelling impact.
- You execute feasibility studies, scout for new applications and promote space technology and knowhow. In parallel, you develop open innovation approaches and set up new ecosystems, together with Verhaert product & business development experts.
- You lead technology opportunity workshops with cross-functional teams and guide them to pragmatic, actionable results in the field of innovation management, using our in-house proven methodologies.
- You organise and participate in startup acceleration & incubation projects, pitch events and explore new business models to ensure cross-fertilisation of technologies across different sectors and industries throughout Europe.
- You steer the entire trajectory: content, timing and budget and provide accurate reporting and all the related administration.
- You optimize the customer relations on senior management level as well as with product-, marketing-, technical and project colleagues.
- In order to realize all steps in open innovation projects in a successful way, you cooperate with the colleagues of our multidisciplinary organisation, from innovation consultants over designers to engineers and developers.
- You become the trusted partner who helps them creating impactful open innovation programs leading to new business opportunities and revenue streams.
Open Innovation Consultant: Your Profile
• You dispose of a broad business economics baggage combined with a technological affinity.
• You have a masters degree in Applied Economics, commercial or business sciences (master (applied) economics, commercial engineer, ...)
• You have a minimal of 3 years professional experience in an (innovative) consultancy function or similar.
• You have experience in product and/or innovation management where your market knowledge and insights go hand in hand with technological baggage.
• Experience in a development and technological environment is highly recommended.
• You own the true consultancy skills: analytical, synthesizing and problem solving abilities.
• You are communicative and open, have a positive charisma and commercial flair.
• You can take initiative, are self-assured, inquisitive and ready to listen.
• Je work structured and thematic in a methodological manner and strongly maintain the helicopter vision.
• Speaking and writing is fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of French and/or German is an asset.
• You will be working in multidisciplinary teams for very different companies in many different domains.
• You help building up the success of a result minded (often technological) environment and get the chance to fully expand your talents.
• You enter into a world of innovation and help building the future of many companies.
• You will be coached and guided in our world of innovation, helping you to become a trusted advisor for your customer and its business.
• You can count on our expertise to help you improve your people skills as well as on your technology transfer process capabilities.