- Simulaties en Berekeningen
Model based software design engineer
Moebius Design is the technical consultancy company within the Verhaert Group Masters in Innovation.
To support the fast growing development department of our client, we are looking for an model bases software design engineer in the Ghent region.
The Department is responsible for embedded software & hardware and Cloud and App development to enhance the products.
As model based software design engineer, you will deliver innovative model based engineering solutions for the control challenges. You will be the bridge between the advanced/innovation team, the thermodynamics, and the application and equipment control teams.
To realise these objectives, you will
- set up tailor made model-based software design workflows to optimize development time
- design new control methods/structures and improve process control and understanding
- set up and use real-time prototyping to transfer innovation control structures to production intended software (early concept validation, parameter tuning, software testing and validation)
- analyse data and design functional algorithms
- translate Matlab models into executable specifications and code for the development engineers in the application and equipment control teams
- write technical documentation
You experience large autonomy and take ownership of your projects: coordinate activities, set up and implement action plans, budget control, guard deadlines, identify and solve potential bottlenecks, ensure timely communication to all parties involved and collaborate closely together with the other development teams to meet product and design constraints.
- Engineering degree in Mechatronics/Robotics/Artificial Intelligence/Data science, preferably PhD
- Highly skilled in mechatronics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, neural networks
- Highly skilled in scientific data analytics
- Experience with black box modelling techniques
- Experience with simulation and auto code generation using Matlab/Simulink
- Able to apply high degree of creativity to a project
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal & written communication skills to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently
- Communicative and assertive when required
- Fully conversational in English
- Through variation in projects and training, you are able to grow fast.
- You are part of a stable innovation group with a wide network of various customers.
- A competitive salary package including a car and interesting fringe benefits.