- Elektronica hardware
- Testing & validation
Measurement and Automation Engineer
who we are
Verhaert On-site Consulting is a Belgian consulting firm founded in 2006 and specializes in innovation and product development. The organization provides solutions for companies and organizations in various sectors, including aerospace, medical devices, automotive and consumer electronics.
Together we work on challenging projects for leading clients and offer expertise in concept development, engineering, prototyping, testing and project management. The company has more than 150 employees .
Verhaert On-site Consulting is part of the Verhaert Group Masters in Innovation.
You will characterize novel MEMS systems in existing technologies and technologies under development. More specifically, the existing team is working on a new MEMS system composed of actuators and sensors which need to reach extremely challenging accuracy in extreme environment. Your job will be to take part of these activities and drive the characterization effort.
- You will execute the characterization of different components, electrically, mechanically and optically, and report out.
- You will be part of building new setups for short-term testing as well as long-term reliability, and provide documentation.
- You will develop documented measurement automation scripts and data processing algorithms for the most time-intensive challenges.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- Master's or PhD degree in Mechanics or Electrical Engineering.
- Proven experience
- in hands-on MEMS characterization, specifically with any or all of the following: SMU, impedance analyzer, automated prober, laser Doppler vibrometer, white light interferometer, FemtoTools, microphone, hydrophone, lock-in amplifier.
- with Python scripting for automation and data processing
- with MATLAB scripting for data processing o in creative problem-solving
- a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
- a very good knowledge of English is mandatory.
This vacancy is open to Eu Residence or Belgian residence with an unlimited working permit. No need to apply without.
- A variety of projects.
- The possibility to continuously improve in your job.
- A place in a stable innovation group with a wide network of customers.
- An attractive salary package, including a car and extra legal benefits such as meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance....
- 20 days vacation and 12 ADV-days