- Simulaties en berekeningen
- Software engineer
- Embedded Software
- Innovation management
Junior Artificial Intelligence Engineer - Data Scientist
Who are We?
Our project managers, project, design and system engineers, designers, embedded system & software engineers and project leaders collaborate on varied projects for the most diverse clients in, for example, IoT, healtcare, food & beverage, machine building,... with strong technical-organizational and human support from your colleagues. Thanks to our many years of experience, we can guide and support companies like no other in their product development. Our employees are multidisciplinary high-tech professionals who can fully develop in very diverse projects for different companies in very different sectors.
The key to our success are our passionate, driven, flexible multidisciplinary employees.
The job - function
- You are passionate about using AI to innovate products and services in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You develop (partial) concepts, take the right design decisions taking into account the requirements and constraints. Together with experts from other disciplines, you select the most optimal solution.
- Because of your practical hands-on attitude, making proof of concept and breadboards feels right at home to you.
- Together with the experts you determine the most suitable (best) solution / development.
- You guarantee the specifications, architecture, technical follow-up and concept validation of the AI system, taking into account the requirements of the product.
- One of your most important responsibilities as a Verhaert system engineer is the natural, smooth, correct and efficient communication with your team members of the project and with the customer.
- An AI engineer at Verhaert is keen to be challenged by the diversity in developments for numerous companies in various sectors on the one hand and by the multidisciplinary approach on the other.
- The junior Data scientist works in a multi-disciplinary team guided by experienced colleagues.
- The data scientist ensures the client's needs are translated into a concrete plan of action: data management & engineering, data architecture, data analysis.
- The Data scientist keeps track of the broad field of data science within the project.
- Translate the needs of the client and the team to a data or machine learning solution.
- Communicate with the coordinator (manager) of the AI team, the data science team and the project team clearly and transparently about technical challenges, timing, planning and approach.
- Bring to bear your prior engineering experience, management skills, knowledge of the field, and personal creativity to grow the project.
- Stay ahead of industry trends and keep track of technologies in the areas of Data Science. Translate these learnings to concrete solutions.
- Embody and nurture Verhaert's core values: Reliable, Innovative, Creative and Entrepreneurial.
Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- You have formal or informal training in the field of Artificial Intelligence
- You have a master in engineering, physics or computer science. (or equivalent by experience)
- Knowledge of AI / Machine learning methodologies.
- Familiar with Machine learning toolboxes: scikit learn, tensorflow/ keras or an equivalent framework.
- You know Building and deploying AI models.
- Programming languages: Python; Matlab, C/C++ are nice to have.
- You have a thorough analytical insight and you are able to quickly understand technical problems and propose different solutions.
- You have a broad technical interest and you can think along in a multidisciplinary way and you are result-oriented.
- You are fluent in English and you have good communication skills. Dutch is a must as well as a Belgian work permit (or equivalent).
You don't master all these skills? No worries, we will guide you through the learning process.
- You have a Masters degree in a STEM field: statistics, engineering/ computer science/physics/ mathematics or equivalent due to experience.
- You're a passionate data scientist with knowledge of statistics, databases.
- You have decent programming skills in Python. Knowledge of R or another high-level programming language is a strong bonus.
- You have strong RDBMS skills with excellent knowledge of SQL. Knowledge of InfluxDB, Neo4j or another NoSQL or graph DB technology is a strong bonus.
- You can visualize data with PowerBI, RShiny or similar technologies.
- You are strong in conceptual thinking. You can translate a client's need expressed from a human perspective to an exact technical requirement
Recruitment process for these positions starting February 2023
Check our website:
What can you expect?
At Verhaert you will find yourself in a varied challenging technical environment that guides companies in their development and innovation processes.
You work together in multidisciplinary teams for the most diverse companies in numerous sectors.
You contribute to the success of a results-oriented strong technological environment and you can and may develop to the full.
You step into the world of innovation and you contribute to the future of companies.
Check https://verhaert.com/labs/ailab/ and you will be eager to apply!