- Project engineer
- Elektronica hardware
Engineer Chip Manufacturing
As a chip manufacturing engineer, you are the coordinator and interface between the chip manufacturing plants and our client's customers. After an extensive training by the team, you get the responsibility of the entire process of tape out of the custom chips designed by our customers.
In this tape out process, you will handle the following tasks:
- Check and guarantee the quality of chips, designed by the international customers. You do this based on the documentation provided by the manufacturing plants and knowledge you gain from the team and past projects;
- Prepare the chip design for fabrication at the foundries and help the customer with final sign-off (‘go’ for fabrication). You do this with the help of the most advanced CAD software programs;
- Have technical discussions with customers to guide them in this sign-off process;
- Guide the customer in getting the required foundry information and documentation before, during and after the chip design and manufacturing;
- Follow up the projects from start to end and assure that all project milestones are met.
- You have a Master or Bachelors degree in electronics.
- You have a strong interest in electronics and the fabrication of chips.
- We attach great importance to the following core competences: taking initiative, being client-oriented, being punctual, teamwork and drive.
- We will learn you most skills you need to master the job, but having some experience in IC layout and verification, chip fabrication techniques and/or tape out experience, are welcome assets.
- We expect that you are a strong communicator and can speak and write English fluently enough to support our international customers.
Permanent contract or Freelancer
Valid Belgian work permit or EU citizen passport is required; no need to apply without.
Recruitment agencies please refrain from proposing candidates.
You continuously develop your technical, organizational and personal skills.
We offer a competitive salary package and interesting fringe benefits such as a car, hospitalization and group insurance and meal vouchers.
We work 40 hours a week, so you can enjoy 12 extra days off per year.