- Embedded Software
- Software engineer
- Project engineer
Embedded Software Developer Life Sciences
Who is Verhaert Masters in Innovation?
Verhaert is an agile development company. We develop innovative (digital) products and systems for our customers and guide and support them in their strategic and innovation policy. Our 220 people over 7 sites in 3 countries offer all necessary expertise to successfully innovate. This expertise is bundled into services to provide our customers with end2end, one stop shop solutions.
Our Life Sciences Solutions program is active in the development of top notch Medical Devices. These can be surgical tools, lab equipment, point of care instrumentation, to name a few. Recently we commissioned a prototype for fast PCR testing together with Imec
For the conception and development of such medical devices, Verhaert is actively looking for an embedded software engineer. Are you interested in medical applications? Do you want to contribute to improving people's lives or even saving lives? Are you familiar with embedded software development in a medical context? Then you might become our new colleague!
- Capture the customer/product requirements (related to embedded Software)
- Advise the customer on options, impact of certain requirements, software classification (A/B/C) to make well-founded decisions
- Manage the embedded software requirements and define the software development approach to implement, test and verify the requirements
- Define embedded software architecture
- Set-up and maintain the necessary/mandatory documents such as (SRS, SDP, ADD, ...)
- Take responsibility over the embedded software development tasks within a project. Organize tasks, priorities.
- Implement (part of) the embedded software and follow-up embedded software developers working on the project (coaching, review)
- Align with the project manager about progress, issues
- Align with other technical disciplines (embedded hardware, web/app/backend developers)
- Interact with the customer
- Suggest ideas to further improve processes, efficiency
- Communicate spontaneously and pro-actively with your environment
- Be inspirational and entrepreneurial
I know a lot of challenges
To be able to do this, you are:
- Looking for variation and contributing to new medical products and services
- Wanting to keep up with the latest trends and technologies in medical device development
- Keen on working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Quality minded
- Having an eye for details without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Creative and inspirational
- Eager to help improve people's lives
- You have a Master's degree in Electronics, Signal Processing, Software ...
- 5+ years of relevant experience in this world in a function in R&D and development is an absolute must.
- You are experienced in C/C++ programming, python is a plus
- You know how to apply and interpret the following medical standards : IEC 62304, ISO 13485 ...
- You can set-up and maintain software requirements (SRS)
- You have experience in documenting the software development process
- You are familiar with setting up and working with CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of the following operating systems is a plus : FreeRTOS, SafeRTOS, Linux
- Fluency in English is a must, Dutch speaking is a big plus
- Able to communicate complex/technical information to non-experts
- An inspiring work environment
- An open, innovative culture
- A never ending variation in tasks and projects
- Continuous learning and training
- An attractive salary package