- Simulaties en berekeningen
Who are We?
Our project managers, project, design and system engineers, designers, embedded system & software engineers and project leaders collaborate on varied projects for the most diverse clients in, for example, IoT, , healtcare, food & beverage, machine building,... and this on both location at our customers as well as in Verhaert's offices, always with strong technical-organizational and human support from your colleagues.
Thanks to our many years of experience, we can guide and support companies like no other in their strategic and innovation policy and product development.
Our employees are multidisciplinary high-tech professionals who can fully develop in very diverse projects for different companies in very different sectors.
The key to our success are our passionate, driven, flexible multidisciplinary employees.
About the Job Challenges
Verhaert is strengthening its Data & Artificial Intelligence development team. The Data scientist works in a multi-disciplinary team as a focal point to execute and manage the data aspects of the project. The data scientist ensures the client's needs are translated into a concrete plan of action. The data scientist's responsibility is to draw up and execute a concrete plan of action: data management & engineering, data architecture, data analysis . The Data scientist keeps track of the broad field of data science within the project. The manager combines human skills, engineering practice, and knowledge of the field to implement a solution that brings value for the whole team.
- Translate the needs of the client and the team to a data or machine learning solution.
- Communicate with the coordinator (manager) of the AI team, the data science team and the project team clearly and transparently about technical challenges, timing, planning and approach.
- Bring to bear your prior engineering experience, management skills, knowledge of the field, and personal creativity to grow the project.
- Stay ahead of industry trends and keep track of technologies in the areas of Data Science. Translate these learnings to concrete solutions.
- Embody and nurture Verhaert's core values: Reliable, Innovative, Creative and Entrepreneurial.
- You have a Masters degree in a STEM field: statistics, engineering/ computer science/physics/ mathematics or equivalent due to experience.
- You have a contagious enthusiasm & drive.
- You're a passionate data scientist with knowledge of statistics, databases.
- You have decent programming skills in Python. Knowledge of R or another high-level programming language is a strong bonus.
- You have strong RDBMS skills with excellent knowledge of SQL. Knowledge of InfluxDB, Neo4j or another NoSQL or graph DB technology is a strong bonus.
- You can visualize data with PowerBI, RShiny or similar technologies.
- Preferably you have some affinity with classical engineering disciplines through experience or education. i.e. electromechanics, energy, robotics, applied physics etc.
- You have 2 years of relevant in Machine learning engineering, statistics and/or Data Science.
- You are strong in conceptual thinking. You can translate a client's need expressed from a human perspective to an exact technical requirement.
Check our website:
What can you expect?
At Verhaert you will find yourself in a varied challenging technical environment that guides companies in their development and innovation processes.
You work together in multidisciplinary teams for the most diverse companies in numerous sectors.
You contribute to the success of a results-oriented strong technological environment and you can and may develop to the full.
You step into the world of innovation and you contribute to the future of companies.
Check https://verhaert.com/labs/ailab/ and you will be eager to apply!