Technology Transfer Consultant
Who we are
Verhaert New Products & Services is a leading product development company. We develop innovative products and systems with a high added value. Thanks to our many years’ experience we are able to guide and support other companies in their strategic and innovation approach.
Our employees are multidisciplinary high-tech professionals who enjoy having large diversity of assignments for companies in various sectors, such as consumer goods, healthcare, industry, internet of things,...
Technology Transfer Consultant: Job Description
You will guide technologies from space and other high-tech sectors from donor companies towards new fields of application.
You will identify relevant technology properties, connect them with compelling applications, and feature propositions.
You will participate in high-tech start-up acceleration and incubation programs and set-up events for open innovation.
In the position of Technology transfer consultant you can develop a visionary and pragmatic mind-set.
Curious about the many challenges to get your teeth in? Here is a random list of tasks and responsibilities for a big variety of customers and projects.
• As a Technology Transfer Consultant you manage our Technology Transfer projects and enable transfers of technology and knowhow originating from space down to earth.
• You execute feasibility studies, scout for new applications and promote space technology and knowhow.
In parallel, you develop R&D approaches and business cases, together with Verhaert product & business development experts.
• You lead technology opportunity workshops with cross-functional teams and guide them to pragmatic, actionable results in the field of innovation management, using our in-house methodologies.
• You organise and participate in matchmaking events, pitch events and explore new business models to ensure cross-fertilisation of technologies across different sectors and industries throughout Europe.
• You steer the entire trajectory: content, timing and budget and provide accurate reporting and all the related administration.
• You optimize the customer relations on senior management level as well as with product-, marketing-, technical and project colleagues.
• In order to realise all steps in the technology transfer project in a successful way, you cooperate with the colleagues of our multidisciplinary organisation, from innovation consultants & designers, engineers & developers.
• You become the space companies trusted partner who helps them develop new business opportunities and revenue streams from their specific knowhow and expertise.
Technology Transfer Consultant: het profiel
• You dispose of a broad business economics baggage combined with a technological affinity. • You have a masters degree in Applied Economics, commercial or business sciences (master (applied) economics, commercial engineer, ...)
• You have a minimal of 3 years professional experience in an (innovative) consultancy function or similar.
• You have experience in product and/or innovation management where your market knowledge and insights go hand in hand with technological baggage.
• Experience in a development and technological environment is highly recommended.
• You own the true consultancy skills: analytical, synthesizing and problem solving abilities.
• You are communicative and open, have a positive charisma and commercial flair.
• You can take initiative, are self-assured, motivated, inquisitive and ready to listen.
• Je work structured and thematic in a methodological manner and strongly maintain the helicopter vision.
• Speaking and writing is fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of French and/or German is an asset.
• Verhaert is a challenging innovative environment guiding companies in their development and innovation trajectories.
• You will be working in multidisciplinary teams for very different companies in many different domains.
• You help building up the success of a result minded (often technological) environment and get the chance to fully expand your talents.
• You enter into a world of innovation and help building the future of many companies.
• You will be coached and guided in our world of innovation, helping you to become a trusted advisor for your customer and its business.
• You can count on our expertise to help you improve your people skills as well as on your technology transfer process capabilities.