Moebius Design is the technical consultancy company within the Verhaert Group Masters in Innovation.
To support the fast growing development department of our client, we are looking for an innovation engineer in the Ghent region.
- The Department is responsible for embedded software & hardware and Cloud and App development to enhance the products.
- You, as innovation engineer, are the bridge between the thermodynamics and the software teams by generating innovative solutions for the control challenges.
- To realise this objective, you go through the innovation process from idea to proof of concept.
- You check the technical feasibility of an idea or project.
- You break down the idea in functional algorithms, either by tweaking existing logic or by designing new solutions/technologies (such as machine learning and artificial intelligence).
- You transform the system design concepts into working prototypes where you capture and process measurement data from the field to improve the prototype in an agile way.
- You write your conclusions in specifications. You prepare the control architecture to hand it over to the development teams who will bring the product to mass production.
- You experience large autonomy and take ownership of your projects: coordinate activities, set up and implement action plans, budget control, guard deadlines, identify and solve potential bottlenecks, ensure timely communication to all parties involved and collaborate closely together with the other development teams to meet product and design constraints.
- Engineering degree in Mechatronics/Robotics/Artificial Intelligence/Data science, preferably PhD
- Experience in mechatronics, machine learning
- General knowledge of prototyping boards, I/O devices and communication networks
- Ability to understand software code is a must, to write code is an asset
- Able to apply high degree of creativity to a project
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal & written communication skills to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently
- Communicative and assertive when required
- Fully conversational in English
- Through variation in projects and training, you are able to grow fast.
- You are part of a stable innovation group with a wide network of various customers.
- A competitive salary package including a car and interesting fringe benefits.