- Applied physics
- Simulations and calculations
- Testing & validation
Technology Engineer Gas
Who are we?
Moebius Consulting is the technical consultancy company within the Verhaert Masters in Innovation Group.
We help our precious gold - our colleagues - to continuously grow by finding the right projects where they can use their skills, develop their knowledge and experience and by doing so, help us and our customers grow as a company.
- To carry out research and innovation projects on gasses (compression, treatment, conversion, capture,…) in close cooperation with R&D and engineering teams. These projects include scouting, feasibility, budget, planning, communication with partners and suppliers, material testing, gathering results, steering project team members,...
- To perform material testing & investigations, and deliver chemical-technical support to product and process engineering teams, production, purchase and service teams (our “internal clients”).
- To qualify (new) products or applications, identify compatibility of gasses (H2, CO2, CH4, SO2, SO3,…) and materials (metals, polymers, composites, coatings, lubricants, water), identify root causes of product failures (corrosion, cracks, fractures, embrittlement,…), perform trouble shooting, ,...
- To report results, methodology, conclusions and recommendations and to clearly communicate about results, costs and planning to the management (R&D projects) or the internal clients (Shared Engineering Services).
- To be able to explain difficult concepts to non-scientists.
- To develop profound knowledge on gasses and their interactions with materials.
- To follow-up on new developments on the market for gas compression, treatment, capture, conversion (literature, conferences, suppliers, competitors,…), and to advice on new gas projects and product opportunities.
- To identify opportunities for improvement and/or expansion of our services.
- Continuous and strong interaction with the other experts of the Materials Team and with our internal clients.
- To build a network and cooperate with research institutes, universities, and suppliers.
- To retain a high focus on environmental benefits, safety and sustainability.
- Master of Material Science; Master of Materials or Chemical Engineering; Master in Chemistry/Physics with material knowledge; or equal by experience. (PhD is an asset).
- first years of experience in a gas, material or chemical environment/industry.
- Lab testing and practical experience.
- Fluent in English and good command of Dutch (or willing to learn).
- You have an active, open, positive approach, and are always willing to learn.
- You are self-driven and capable of working independently.
- You are structured, ambitious, and result-driven.
- You are a good team player.
- You have strong drive for innovation and research.
- You have good communication skills (listening, influencing, persuading).
- You are scientifically & critical.
- You are focused on safety, sustainability and the environment
You become a member of a stable and ambitious innovation group with a wide network of customers, participating in exciting and challenging projects.
We offer a competitive salary package and interesting fringe benefits such as a car, hospitalization and group insurance and meal vouchers.