Wie zijn wij?
Who are we?
Verhaert On-Site Consulting is growing strongly!
As a technical consultancy of the Verhaert Masters in Innovation Group, we guarantee top engineers who strengthen the Innovation and Engineering teams of our customers with their technical skills and consultative personality.
As an R&D Engineer you are more than welcome to further expand our activities in the Flanders region.
As R&D Engineer you are part of the R&D Test Lab for new thermal printers and consumables. In this function you will have a variety of tasks and responsibilities.
Together with your colleagues you support activities related to the testing, evaluation, and validation of new printers and tapes, and you contribute to the maintenance and improvement of test equipment.
You also work on the realization of new test equipment together with external suppliers.
Fixture design, automation & maintenance: (40%)
- Design and follow up on new test fixtures (together with external suppliers)
- Maintain the current test equipment (calibration, maintenance, ...)
- Setup test benches, including introduction of robot arm in the test process, execute programming of the robot arm
R&D Research (building blocks): (20%)
- Make improvements to existing printer subassemblies or define new concepts of printer parts
- for the future
- Make prototype parts to proof your concept
- Demount printers and consumables with issues
- Analyze the issues, find the root cause and propose a solution
3D Printing: (10%)
- Maintain the 3D printer, order base materials
- Draft small parts in 3D cad to be used in current test equipment
- Print your parts with the 3D printer
- Prepare and conduct dimensional measurements (2D-3D) by reviewing drawings
- Follow up on measurement results, evaluate results and translate the results into a technical report
Quality improvement: (5%)
- Work on individual product performance projects
- Conduct root cause analysis on issues and propose solutions and improvements
- 1-2 years of work experience in similar position
- Basic level of technical expertise and judgment in evaluating complex issues and developing innovative solutions
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbal & written)
- Good command of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Technical education in mechanical or electronics engineering
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of 3D Cad (Creo or SolidWorks), Metrology (2D – 3D), Measurement
- Techniques and Windchill is a plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies, equipment and procedures through on-the job training
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Hands-on approach
- Multi-cultural awareness as we work in a global environment
- At Verhaert On-Site Consulting you will find yourself in a varied challenging technical environment that helps and guides companies in their development and innovation processes.
- You continuously develop your technical, organizational and personal skills.
- We offer a competitive salary package and interesting fringe benefits such as a car, hospitalization and group insurance and meal vouchers. We work 40 hours a week, so you can enjoy 12 extra days off per year.