- Artificial Intelligence - Data Science
Machine Learning Engineer
Who we are
Verhaert On-site Consulting is a Belgian consulting firm founded in 2006 and specializes in innovation and product development. The organization provides solutions for companies and organizations in various sectors, including aerospace, medical devices, automotive and consumer electronics.
Together we work on challenging projects for leading clients and offer expertise in concept development, engineering, prototyping, testing and project management.
Verhaert On-site Consulting is part of the Verhaert Group Masters in Innovation.
- As a Machine Learning-engineer you are responsible for developing ML solutions for a wide range of clients and application fields: medical/healthcare, industrial and consumer applications…
- Taking into account the requirements and constraints of the product, you select together with other professionals the most optimal solution and you guarantee the specifications, architecture, concept validation and technical follow-up of the ML system.
- Because of your practical hands-on attitude, making proof of concept and breadboards feels right at home to you.
- You support the software and hardware developments, and this from concept to development, test and validation.
- You also coordinate the integration of software and hardware at system level.
- You hold a Master or PhD Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science. (or equivalent by experience) in combination with formal training in the field of Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence or Data Science
- You have a good knowledge of Data Science concepts like experimentation, cleaning, analyzing and reporting.
- You are fluent in English and you have good communication skills. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- You are able to take the lead in ML projects, guiding clients towards the right ML solutions.
A Belgian work permit is required for this position
- You have a good grasp on:
- AI / Machine learning methodologies
- Deep learning frameworks: scikit learn, TensorFlow/ Keras, PyTorch or an equivalent framework
- Building and deploying ML models
- Programming languages: Preferably Python
- Matlab, C/C++
- Data preprocessing and data analytics basics
- You have a thorough analytical insight and you are able to quickly understand technical problems and propose different solutions.
- You have a broad technical interest and you can think along in a multidisciplinary way and you are result-oriented.
- One of your most important responsibilities as a Verhaert consultant is the natural, smooth, correct and efficient communication with your team members of the project and with the customer.