- Product design
- Industrial Design
- Simulations and calculations
(Junior) Technology Engineer
Moebius Consulting is the technical consultancy expert within the Verhaert Group Masters in Innovation.
We are looking for a technology engineer with expertise in the fluid dynamics (CFD) in order to support our customers product development team in the Antwerp region.
Juniors are welcome.
You will join a development and improvement team that consists of several project leaders, designers, technology and calculation engineers.
You will work in an international and multidisciplinary environment, together with specialists from different disciplines like mechanical engineers, designers, structural engineers, test engineers, project managers, software engineers… on complex problems and challenging products.
- You will have the opportunity to take ownership and responsibility in your field of expertise after your initial training.
- You will translate the functional product specification into design parameters, by setting up required test programs to identify further improvements. Together with a test team you define the test plan, analyze test results, make recommendations for further improvement and qualify that the product is meeting the specifications.
- You will build up expertise on parameters influencing the product performance, by relying on test results and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) calculations. You’ll advice to optimal design and use.
- You are also part of a larger community specialized in computer-aided engineering (CAE). It is your responsibility to share your knowledge so that the community as a whole can benefit from any progress made in your field of expertise.
- You remain up to date with the latest developments with respect to modeling, measuring and simulating the performance of the product. You identify opportunities to improve and/or expand our current calculation models and tools.
- You perform advanced CFD analyses for your product and are capable to translate your findings to a performant and cost-effective design. You are able to analyze subsonic as well as sonic flows.
- You will decide on the complexity of the models used to evaluate the performance of the product. It is your task to evaluate which approach will accelerate product development most. This can be 3D CFD simulations, hand calculations, anything in between or testing of prototypes.
- You document your work in a clear and concise manner, without omissions and with no room for misinterpretation. Other engineers familiar with the product should be able to reproduce the results that you have obtained.
You have a Master of Engineering Science or Master of Science or are equivalent by experience.
Experience and strong interest in CFD is required. Having acquired a Ph.D. in this domain is an advantage.
Your work is precisely and you have a critical attitude. You are passionate about technical challenges.
You communicate fluently and adopt a proactive, open and positive style.
You continuously develop your technical, organizational and personal skills.
We offer a competitive salary package and interesting fringe benefits such as a car, hospitalization and group insurance and meal vouchers. We work 40 hours a week, so you can enjoy 12 extra days off per year.